I recently discovered that I am a recipient of one of the international Warnie Awards for blogging. Adrian Warnock has assigned a "clutch of awards" to several bloggers and I am more than delighted to be among them.
I had my accceptance speech all ready to go ("I'd like to to thank the Warnie Academy, my parents, all 3800 members of my church, and every person in the world with access to the Internet...), but then I was contacted by the Warnie audit team, who suspected the awards had been influenced by vote buying. To wit, one recent dinner in Gaithersburg. The photographic evidence has now been recovered.
The audit team has ruled that I may keep the award, but I have to stand mutely in the back of the group as we all receive our awards. No speech for me. But that doesn't prevent me from wildly gesturing and pointing out some of my favorite posts on the other Warnie Award winners:
- "When Lancelot Comes Riding, Part 2" on the Rebelution--or how to be gracious when men act like gentlemen.
- "Why Have You Chosen this Lot for Me?" from the Finding God in My Difficult Marriage series on the Married Life Blog.
- "What Do We Wear to Worship God?" from Worship Matters. Though addressed to the musicians and vocalists, this is an insightful post for everyone in church.
- "Retreat Meditation" from the five15 blog, an exceedingly useful outline of how to meditate on Scripture.
- "Modesty on Your Wedding Day" from Josh Harris' blog--I especially appreciated his gracious closing comments about avoiding self-righteousness on this topic.
- "More on the Oppression of Women" from the Jollyblogger, who wisely points to our innate sinfulness, rather than any social structure, as the reason for any real oppression women experience.
Congratulations to all the winners! And thank you, Adrian.